Snapthread 1.5 is now available! This update brings support for videos and Live Photos taken in landscape orientation. It also features a new icon and a number of small improvements designed to make the movie-creating process as fast, flexible, and simple as possible:
- You can now square-crop your videos and adjust the cropping area of individual clips.
- Your final video can be exported in any of the following aspect ratios: 3:4, 4:3, 9:16, 16:9, 1:1.
- Video clips in the opposite orientation of the one you selected will be letterboxed or pillarboxed by default. You can change this behavior on the new Settings screen.
- There is now an option to automatically save your video to your Photo Library when you tap the Share button.
- You can now 3D Touch a photo or video on the video selection screen to preview it before selecting it.
- You can now mute all of the clips at once from the music selection screen.
With this update, Snapthread becomes the best app for combining and sharing Live Photos. Personally, it has completely changed the way I think about and take Live Photos. I’m much more likely to keep a subpar photo now if the underlying video is good. And since Live Photos also capture the moment before I take the picture, I find myself mashing the shutter button while Charlie is saying something cute, knowing that I likely captured most, if not all of it.
Anyway, I hope you like the update and I’m looking forward to getting started on the iPad version in March!