I’m going to do something I’ve never done before: ask people to beta test my app! If you’re interested in being a part of my very first beta test, please either send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or DM me on Twitter (@bhansmeyer). All I need to know is what email address you’d like me to send a TestFlight invite to.
I’m hoping to have a build ready for testing sometime this weekend. In the meantime, here’s some more info about this version of Snapthread!
What’s New in Snapthread 1.5 (Build 26…probably):
- New icon and slightly tweaked design
- Support for landscape Live Photos and videos
- Now you can change your final video’s aspect ratio to any one of the following: 4:3, 3:4, 16:9, 9:16, 1:1 (and you can switch between them and preview them on the fly)
- A new settings screen allows you to turn on auto-saving (which saves your video automatically when you hit “Export”) and letterboxing
- Trim videos
What Still Needs Work
- If you’ve already trimmed a video and go back to change it, the trimming handles don’t reflect your previous trimmed portion.
- You can’t adjust the crop rectangle of a video yet. So if you select a 1:1 ratio, important things will probably be cut off.
I’m really looking forward to getting version 1.5 out in the world, but I want to make sure I get some of the kinks worked out first. Thanks in advance to all my beta testers!