Today I’m going to take a break from talking about my app in order to list some of my wishes for the next versions of iOS and OS X. In no particular order:
- Fix all the dang network-related issues. mDNSResponder, discoveryd…I don’t care, as long as it works.
- Lower the prices on iCloud storage. Also, find a way for families to share/access entire libraries with separate Apple IDs.
- Allow users to change the default apps on iOS (I think this is on everybody’s list every year, lol). And not just browser, email, reminders and calendar…I want to be able to select Tweetbot as my default Twitter app too.
- Allow me to delete the stock apps so I don’t have to put them all in a stupid folder.
- API-wise, I would love it if UICollectionView could play nice with NSFetchedResultsController without ridiculous work-arounds.
- iPad multitasking (sounds like it’s going to happen…hope it’s announced tomorrow)
It’s hard to come up with wishes for WatchKit because I just have no clue what’s even possible. It would be cool to have access to the watch’s speaker and taptic engine, but what are the odds of that?
Anyway, I’m hoping WWDC will provide a fun and interesting distraction as I continue to wait for my app to be approved or rejected. To everyone who is going/already there: have fun!