- I was surprised at how heavy the packaging was for the Sport. The unboxing experience was really fun, and I liked the big plastic case that the watch arrived in.
- I immediately turned off most notifications and also muted the sound. When my watch taps me, it’s going to be for a good reason!
- Siri on the watch has already been useful. For instance, I was outside grilling and wanted to set a timer. I had somehow managed to get marinade all over my hands and left my phone inside, so it was nice to be able to raise my wrist, say, “Hey Siri, set a timer for 5 minutes” and have it just work.
- I like that you can send the animated emoji to people who don’t have the watch, since no one I know has one yet.
- I don’t care at all that it’s “slow.” Seriously, it hasn’t bothered me a bit, and I don’t think the average user will mind either.
- I wore it in the shower and was surprised to find that I could actually use the screen with wet hands. I like to listen to podcasts in the shower, so it was nice to be able to control the playback using Overcast.
Ok, that’s all for now! I’m sure I’ll have more to say as time goes on.